Micro-stroke After-Care Instruction
4-5 hours after your procedure clean your brows only once with sterile water at room temperature, (water boiled for 10 minutes becomes sterile), and cotton balls, pads, or gauze. Squeeze out any excess water so they are not saturated before wiping off any ointment or lymph fluids.
- NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days, or until they have completely exfoliated. I recommend keeping a hand towel by the shower and washing your hair with a hand piece or keep your head tilted back to keep the water from running into your eyes. Use the towel to wipe the water back from the forehead and blot the brows gently if they get water on them. You may consider having your hair washed at the salon.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can remove pigment and cause scarring. If they itch, press a fingernail into the itchy area but don’t scratch.
- Avoid heavy exercise to the point of sweating for 10 days following the procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for the first 10 days following the procedure.
- Avoid hot and chemically treated water and pools for 10 days following the procedure.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for 10 days following the procedure. (I recommend a crescent shaped pillow for side sleepers.)
***Do not despair when they peel and it appears there is nothing underneath. All is well. They will darken up in the following 2 weeks as your treated skin returns to its natural translucency.